A common example of emergency call dispatch is 911, where police, fire, and EMT services are dispatched. Sometimes, though, businesses use call centers to handle after-hours emergency calls for service. No matter what kind of emergency arises, a call center’s operations should be streamlined to ensure callers have the best possible experience.
Reliable Communication with Emergency Dispatch Personnel
If a call center handles emergency communications, it is essential that the call center maintains regular contact with all emergency personnel. To dispatch the appropriate emergency personnel to the location of an emergency, call center agents should have the tools to stay constantly connected with crucial people.
● Medical professionals
● Technicians in the field
Emergency dispatch can refer to 911 services, but there are emergencies in all kinds of different industries. Businesses that utilize call centers for their emergency dispatch answering services expect someone to be available and quickly reachable during these critical times. That requires peak performance and reliable communication between dispatch and personnel.
Emergency Call Center Relevant Technologies
Certain technologies are crucial for emergency dispatch call centers to remain helpful to the people who use these services. In most cases, the people calling emergency dispatch call centers are experiencing deeply troubling and high-stress situations. For this reason, call centers need to be as streamlined as possible to ensure the calls are easy, accurate, and helpful. Current and future technologies can make that happen.
● Precise caller location: If an emergency call center agent can pinpoint a caller’s exact location, emergency services might be able to reach them more quickly. Working with software that offers the most precise location can benefit the callers, the dispatchers, and the emergency personnel.
● Call prioritization: If emergency dispatch software can prioritize repeat calls from the same caller who previously called about a potential threat of violence, emergency dispatch can get to that caller’s location immediately. Calls may be prioritized based on the type of emergency, as well.
● Accessibility tools: Any and all callers who need help should be able to access emergency call center services. So, tools like text messaging for the hearing impaired and translators for foreign language callers should be available to callers who need them.
When call center employees have the proper tools, they can provide more well-rounded dispatch services. Call centers can get hectic and emergency calls add a level of stress far beyond normal operations. Your call center should be equipped with the most up-to-date technology as it comes out so you can provide the best service to your callers.
Emergency Call Centers Operate 24/7
Call centers that handle emergency dispatch operate around the clock, 24/7. Emergencies of all kinds can happen at any time, day or night, and on weekends and holidays. Typically, emergency call centers require more staff to handle daily operations because of these long working hours.
It is important to keep your emergency call center staffed so that agents can handle high call volumes since emergency calls can be unpredictable. Depending on the type of emergency calls your center handles, keep staffing needs in mind at all times.
Emergency Call Center Operations Should Meet Guidelines
Because 911 emergency call centers are so critical, they must meet certain guidelines set by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Emergency dispatch is often managed by federal, state, and local agencies.
The 911 dispatchers are trained to gather pertinent information at the beginning of a call in case the call gets disconnected somehow. Additionally, emergency dispatchers handle calls calmly and efficiently. By meeting high standards on each call, a call center can provide excellent service to those experiencing distress.
About Endicott Call Centers
Endicott Call Centers is a national call center company with omni-channel services. We are fully equipped to help you with your business and with any particular circumstances. We draw on decades of experience to help you make the right decisions for your business.
Endicott offers full-service virtual receptionists and a wide variety of other services to help you run your business more efficiently. With Endicott, you have access to:
- Highly-trained, professional Agents & Receptionists
- Customized scripts
- Live agents 24 hours a day
- 100% US-based locations
- English & Spanish Speaking Agents
- HIPAA-compliant For Medical Support
- 24/7 Solutions for Dentists, Legal offices, eCommerce, and many other industries.
- Full access to call management and tracking tools that enable you to regularly monitor and evaluate our performance and help you manage your business effectively
Please request a quote or call 800-947-3227 to learn more about our solutions for creating exceptional customer service experiences for your clients. We’re happy to offer our insight into what your customers and employees seek from your company.