With the number of incoming calls agents receive at call centers, scripts come in handy for keeping calls brief and to the point. Interactions can be personable and warm without getting away from agents and going on for too long. Since call time is such an important indicator of call center performance, customizable scripts are important tools to improve call time while still ensuring callers are receiving adequate solutions.
All agents in your call center should work from general scripts that can be tailored to the specific needs of their callers. No two calls will be exactly alike, but many calls will follow the same basic direction from start to finish. The scripts allow call center agents to get the necessary information from a caller and provide answers in a timely manner.
Customize Scripts to Call Categories
Call center agents field calls from different types of callers. These different callers will require your agents to perform different tasks and provide solutions that are unique to their category.
- Call center agents take customer service calls.
- Call center agents take sales support calls.
- Call center agents take tech support and product calls.
For example, if a call center agent were to take a sales call, the script would not be the same as if the caller were a customer needing help with a product or service. In this case, a customized script can be tailored to the sales call in question in order to ensure an efficient and speedy call.
On the other hand, a customer service call can have many different outcomes. Customers call for a myriad of reasons and customizable scripts allow agents to keep the conversation on track without allowing it to veer off into irrelevant territory.
Scripts Prevent Derailed Calls
Some customers are long-winded and will talk to a call center agent indefinitely if the agent does not put an end to the call eventually. Customizable scripts are useful in this instance because they allow the agent to stay in control of the call at all times.
No matter what reason a customer has for calling your call center, the same basic steps can be followed to get their needs taken care of and find a solution to end the call. Scripts help by creating an organized, step-by-step method for agents to follow.
- Open the call with a friendly and warm greeting.
- Recognize the customer’s needs.
- Gather important information from the customer.
- Offer a solution or take customer contact information to call back.
- Sign off with a pleasant salutation.
These basic steps can get agents through most calls. Leaving your script open for some flexibility is important since callers need to feel that the conversation is sincere. Too much flexibility, however, and the point of the script can be lost. It is important to find a happy medium.
Scripts Provide Consistent Customer Experiences
Another major benefit of using customizable scripts is that your customer service remains consistent through every call. Repeat customers can rely on the fact that they will speak with someone who shares the same knowledge and structure as the last agent with whom they spoke. Increased brand consistency boosts customer morale and trust for your call center and company.
- Call center agents all have the same basic scripts.
- Call center agents can customize and change scripts when appropriate.
- Call center agents all undergo the same training so customers can feel confident no matter who answers their call.
Important still is that all agents provide the same level of enthusiasm along with their reliable script work. Customizable scripts are powerful training tools for agents to get used to taking calls and finding solutions with ease, but your agents should not sound like they are reading from a script with each call. Customers will pick up on the monotone, unfriendly tone and will feel as if their call is unwelcome.
About Endicott Call Centers
Endicott Call Centers is a national call center company with omni-channel services. We are fully equipped to help you with your business and with any particular circumstances. We draw on decades of experience to help you make the right decisions for your business.
Endicott offers full-service virtual receptionists and a wide variety of other services to help you run your business more efficiently. With Endicott, you have access to:
- Highly-trained, professional Agents & Receptionists
- Customized scripts
- Live agents 24 hours a day
- 100% US-based locations
- English & Spanish Speaking Agents
- HIPAA-compliant For Medical Support
- 24/7 Solutions for Dentists, Legal offices, eCommerce, and many other industries.
- Full access to call management and tracking tools that enable you to regularly monitor and evaluate our performance and help you manage your business effectively
Please request a quote or call 800-947-3227 to learn more about our solutions for creating exceptional customer service experiences for your clients. We’re happy to offer our insight into what your customers and employees seek from your company.