A receptionist is a must-have for any business. Receptionists take calls, schedule appointments, and often have a wide range of duties that span multiple departments. However, outsourcing receptionist duties to a virtual receptionist can help your business succeed while keeping your in-house employees on task and focused on their own duties.
By using a call center’s virtual receptionist services, you can improve your company’s gains. A virtual receptionist will take a great deal of stress off of you and your in-house crew but will work more effectively and efficiently than the typical salaried receptionist can. Below are five ways a virtual receptionist can help your business’s bottom line.
Eliminate the Need for a Full-Time Receptionist Salary
With a virtual receptionist, you do not need to hire a receptionist as part of your in-house staff. This will save you a great deal of money because you will not be paying for their salary or benefits.
- You will not pay for a receptionist’s salary or hourly rate.
- You will not pay for a receptionist’s employee benefits.
- You will not pay taxes on an employed receptionist.
While you will pay a call center for the virtual receptionist services, the cost will greatly benefit your company in the long run. Where a W2 employee would require an hourly or salaried pay rate plus benefits and taxes, a virtual receptionist would cost a fraction of that total.
Eliminate the Need for Training Costs
When you hire a new employee to work as your in-house receptionist, you must spend time training them. This costs the company money not only in any proprietary training materials or seminars you must purchase but also in company time. Every hour spent training a new employee means time taken away from other opportunities for productivity.
- A virtual receptionist has their own equipment to use, including hardware and software. You do not have to spend money on a receptionist’s desk, phone, or computer system.
- A virtual receptionist will not take up precious office space in your business’ headquarters, saving you from the need to expand.
A virtual receptionist will already be highly trained and skilled in receptionist duties as soon as you choose to use the service. If you are already using a call center for other services, your business’s needs, and processes. Any additional add-ons can be implemented easily.
Eliminate Overhead Costs
Each employee on staff increases overhead costs. Overhead costs for a business include, but are not limited to:
- Utilities like water, electricity, gas, and more.
- Office space rent
- Insurance and legal fees
You will not be spending overhead costs like electricity or water on a receptionists’ area because a virtual receptionist will work in a separate location.
Eliminate the Need for Overtime
While you save money on in-house employee pay, you will also be saving money on overtime. Overtime pay can rack up quickly, but a virtual receptionist eliminates the need altogether.
Additionally, virtual receptionists can work for you 24/7, meaning any calls coming in for your company will always receive a live answer.
This is not only great news for your company’s bank account, but it is an improvement for your customers. When customers can reach a receptionist at any time of day, they feel as though they can rely on your company to meet their needs.
Eliminate Wasted Time and Increase Productivity
You may consider forgoing a receptionist in favor of using your other employees to field phone calls. A virtual receptionist is a much better solution for several reasons.
- Taking the time to answer phone calls pulls your employees’ focus away from their main duties. It takes time to get back on track after a call ends once your employee has become distracted.
- A receptionist is trained and, therefore, able to field calls with ease and efficiency. Your other employees have specific duties where they excel, but fielding calls may not be one of them. This can lead to calls lasting longer than necessary and frustrated callers getting transferred several times.
- Priority tasks fall by the wayside when calls continue to come in.
While you may think you are saving money by answering calls in-house, the time wasted on the phone drains your productivity. The loss of time and the added distractions add up to waste company money. Using a virtual assistant is a much better choice as you can improve efficiency and save money.
About Endicott Call Centers
Endicott Call Centers is a national call center company with omni-channel services. We are fully equipped to help you with your business and with any particular circumstances. We draw on decades of experience to help you make the right decisions for your business.
Endicott offers full-service virtual receptionists and a wide variety of other services to help you run your business more efficiently. With Endicott, you have access to:
- Highly-trained, professional Agents & Receptionists
- Customized scripts
- Live agents 24 hours a day
- 100% US-based locations
- English & Spanish Speaking Agents
- HIPAA-compliant For Medical Support
- 24/7 Solutions for Dentists, Legal offices, eCommerce, and many other industries.
- Full access to call management and tracking tools that enable you to regularly monitor and evaluate our performance and help you manage your business effectively
Please request a quote or call 800-947-3227 to learn more about our solutions for creating exceptional customer service experiences for your clients. We’re happy to offer our insight into what your customers and employees seek from your company.